As the modules evolve, participants will gain a deeper understanding of the coffee itself and they will strengthen their practical skills in milk techniques and latte art, not to mention health and safety, customer service and basic business operation.
This 3-day professional course is aimed at those baristas with significant experience who have successfully completed ‘Barista Skills: Intermediate’. It includes 4 practical tests and a written exam (35 questions with a required success rate of 80%).
Successful completion of this course is worth 25 points for the SCA Coffee Diploma.
- Origin, altitude, variety and processing
- Roasting, freshness & storage
- Chemical composition (acids, lipids)
- Grinding – particle analysis
- Extraction, recipe calculation (i.e. EBF, proportions)
- Temperature and pressure
- Refractometry calculations
- Understanding milk processing and chemistry
- Latte art amelioration
- Multiple coffees recipe creation
- Equipment maintenance (including grinder, group consumables and water filtration systems)
- Creation of efficient workplace and effective customer service
Theoretical & practical
€500 + 24% VAT
Discounts apply for SCA members and customers. SCA members will be asked to confirm their membership status.
Please note that, in order to attend this course, it is necessary to send us the learner number which can be obtained by visiting the SCA Member Portal and choosing “Become a Learner” to start the registration process.