As the modules evolve, participants will gain a deeper understanding of the coffee itself and they will strengthen their practical skills in milk techniques and latte art, not to mention health and safety, customer service and basic business operation.
This 2-day ‘Intermediate’ course is suitable for those who already have some work experience as a barista +3 months. Participants will gain a deeper understanding of the coffee itself and further develop the practical skills covered at the foundation level.
It includes 3 practical exams and an online “written” exam (35 questions with a required success rate of 70%).
Successful completion of this course is worth 10 points for the SCA Coffee Diploma.
- Coffee processing and roasting methods
- Introduction to cupping (basic sensory analysis skills)
- Workplace management and efficiency
- Understanding grinding, machine maintenance and troubleshooting
- Dosage and pressing
- EBF examination and extraction ratio
- Milk techniques (introduction to latte art)
- The importance of hygiene; health and safety compliance
- Customer service
- Basic business financial management
Theoretical & practical
2 days (14 hours)
€400 + 24% VAT
Discounts apply for SCA members and customers. SCA members will be asked to confirm their membership status.
Please note that, in order to attend this course, it is necessary to send us the learner number which can be obtained by visiting the SCA Member Portal and choosing “Become a Learner” to start the registration process.