As the modules evolve, participants will gain a deeper understanding of the coffee itself and they will strengthen their practical skills in milk techniques and latte art, not to mention health and safety, customer service and basic business operation.
This 1-day introductory course is designed for those who are relatively new to the coffee industry and does not require previous barista experience. It includes practicing and “written” online exam (20 questions with a required success rate of 60%).
Attendance of the ‘Introduction to Coffee’ module is recommended without being mandatory.
Successful completion of this course is worth 5 points for the SCA Coffee Diploma.
- Origin and history of coffee beans
- Workplace management
- Basic training on grinding, dosing and pressing
- Understanding of the extraction and espresso method
- Introduction to milk preparation techniques
- Creation of a barista menu
- Importance of hygiene, health and safety
- Cleaning, maintenance and troubleshooting of espresso machines
Theoretical & practical
€220 + 24% VAT
Discounts apply for SCA members and customers. SCA members will be asked to confirm their membership status.
Please note that, in order to attend this course, it is necessary to send us the learner number which can be obtained by visiting the SCA Member Portal and choosing “Become a Learner” to start the registration process.